Aquatic exercise can be a fun and effective way for dogs to get exercise!
Benefits of aquatic exercise at WagHab:
• Weight loss: 60% weight loss is food reduction, but 40% is exercising.
• Dogs burn 2-3x as many calories when exercising in water then on land.
• Increased muscular effort created by the resistance of the water will increase strength. The resistance of the water increases muscular work as they walk on the treadmill
• Most dogs can exercise safely in the water. The buoyancy of the water allows dogs to be able to exercise with less stress to the joints, letting dogs that are arthritic or overweight get much needed exercise.
• We can keep your dog isolated and safe from other dogs, if needed
• Cold or bad weather or injured human? No problem, your dog can still get effective exercise every time!